Takapuna Community Hub — Kotahitanga is a step towards realising the vision, “Thriving children and whanau in healthy safe relationships.”
The spirit of the Hub is that of collaboration and collective initiative. The people and organisations involved in the Hub are working together to deliver specific services and also to create a close knit community in the heart of Takapuna.
The space is committed to a shared vision, safety of children and families and community well- being. The Hub will provide a shared space for community organisations to provide key services that are currently not easily accessible to children and their whanau.
The aim is to create a thriving centre providing:
- family and sexual violence prevention services (especially for children)
- counselling & social work support
- access to budgeting services
- new mums/parents support programmes
- after school programmes around parenting and literacy
- healthy cooking sessions with a focus on children’s health
- professional development opportunities for organisations
- reading clubs for young children
- playgroup sessions
- and more
The Hub comprises of the St. Anne’s room with a capacity of 60-80 people, two office/counselling rooms and The Wynn Williams room which has a capacity of 20-30 people or could be used a large office and client interaction space. A kitchenette in St. Anne’s room , a large shared kitchen and toilets, wi-fi access are among the other facilities available. The whole building is completely accessible and paid and unpaid parking is available nearby. The rooms are available for hire and ANCAD is also looking for committed partnerships with community organisations to maximise the potential of this beautiful space.
The Hub is in its initial phase of being set up and ANCAD is working closely with other community organisations to provide services and programmes at the Hub for children and families in Takapuna and surrounding areas.
We are open to suggestions and ideas for what can be made available at the Hub. If you have a great programme or service that you would like to make available to families and children please contact our Hub coordinator – Prachi Mittal at firstname.lastname@example.org
View Prachi’s profile here: www.ancad.org.nz/about/profiles
The room hire rates for not-for-profit community organisations are:
St. Anne’s room (capacity 60-80 people )
- $ 12.00 + G.S.T. per hour (for upto 5 hours )
- $ 70.00 + G.S.T. (for 6-8 hours)
- $ 140.00 + G.S.T. for a full day.
Wynn Williams Room (Capacity 20-30 people)
- $ 10.00 + G.S.T. per hour (for upto 5 hours )
- $ 50.00 + G.S.T. (for 6-8 hours)
- $ 120.00 + G.S.T. for a full day
Email email@example.com to make a room booking or for any other information regarding the Hub.
Also visit: www.facebook.com/TakapunaCommunityHub/