Auckland Community Accounting (ACA) Programme Coordinator Māori Lead.
Up to 8 hours per week.
Location: Mary Thomas Centre, 3 Gibbons Road, Takapuna and other locations as required.
Reports to: ANCAD Auckland Community Accounting Programme Lead.
Purpose of the Role
To coordinate a Te Ao Māori focused ACA programme across Tāmaki Makaurau, working alongside the current Programme Lead.
- To build engagement and relationships with Te Ao Māori organisations and community groups.
- To provide timely administration, responsiveness and coordination for these groups working with Tikanga Māori principles.
- To provide feedback to ANCAD and the ACA Steering group for the programme (Massey University, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) / DIA/ Charities Services/Auckland Council etc.).
- Developing and overseeing a suitable student roster in conjunction with the Programme Lead.
- Developing a Chartered Accountant roster in conjunction with the Programme Lead.
- Developing a list of community organisations requiring accounting assistance and support.
- Matching students with Community groups and Chartered Accountants.
- Developing a strong referral base by ensuring an awareness of the programme in the community.
- Assisting ANCAD to identify potential funding opportunities to support the programme.
- Coordinating teams of volunteer students and chartered accountant mentors.
- Coordinating the community organisations engagement from the beginning to completion.
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- An understanding of Te Ao Māori and Tikanga Māori
- Te Reo Māori competency is desirable
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Good knowledge of accounting practices
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
- Plenty of initiative and be grounded in common sense
- Knowledge of the community sector and an understanding of financial reporting
- Be professionally presented
Please apply with a CV and covering letter – https://www.seek.co.nz/job/58211465